Thursday, March 31, 2005

The makings of a happy carrot

Skippy is a very happy carrot indeed. The reason why responds to the name of Luke! I am currently in a state of nauseating bliss and loving every minute of it!Having had a long...No wait sorry- a very long conversation on Friday night and by long I mean around about 4 hours, My mate Luke and I decided that actually we really quite like each other so now we are the latest CU couple casualty. I think Deborah is despairing of the endless phone calls and text messages. (well- if we're going to be really nauseating, we've got to do it properly!) I get the strong impression that she really wants to say eewwwwwwwwwww yuck! But this far she has been quite restrained.
Since Friday, I have met his family and they are really lovely. I don't do things by halves- by his family I mean, mum dad, brother, granddad, aunts and cousins. I think his family think I'm really keen. I just like to look at it as getting it over and done with. Having said that though, his family are really lovely. That and his mum got out the baby photos! Luke ofcourse was really appreciative of that one. They were rather disappointingly thin on the ground on embarrassing stories. They weren't able to tell me anything Luke hadn't already told me, with the exception of one story which I couldn't possibly repeat!
Having survived the family, we got round to having our first date yesterday. Before we started seeing eachother, I wouldn't have had Luke down as a soppy one. He took me to see Pooh's heffalump movie- tre cool. True to form, I got very excited every time I saw Eeyore. I then spent the next couple of hours trying and failing miserably to prize out of Luke where we were going for dinner. Now this is the really slushy bit- sick bags at the ready- He took me for a dinner cruise along the Thames- very swanky! I think I spent the first half hour going' oh my Goodness- I can't believe you've done this!'. We then proceeded to try and suss out what all the glasses were for. This was one of those dinners where you get so many sets of cutlery that you don't know what to do with. Again, I wouldn't have had Luke down as such a romantic. I don't think he'll be able to live this down fro quite a while. I did try and tell him that I would have been perfectly happy with a bag of chips from the chip van at waterloo but hey! He said he wanted to give me an eveing that I'd always remember and I don't think I will be forgetting it in a hurry.
Best thing of all- he bought me a bag of haribo. Alas- I am easily pleased!