Friday, December 17, 2004

In Loving Memory

I spent lunchtime today with a group of friends in Pizza hut. The look of panic on the face of the unsuspecting waiter showed us instantly that where-ever we were put, it would be a bit of a squish. Ah well- we're all friends, just meant we had to be a little friendly.
It's a good day to be around friends because today is Fiona's anniversary. This day last year I got that horrendous phone call from Mark telling me that she'd died. It seems strange that its been a year already and yet at the same time, only a year. I'd spent the past week debating whether I should go to Pizza hut with everyone and decided, that's not what she would have wanted. That and you should show that you appreciate people when they're still with you, not worrying afterwards about the things you wish you'd said but never got the chance.

So, this one's for Fi. And if she was here right now, she would be laughing at my Christmas present from Luke. I now have to spend the rest of the day running round with a pink fluffy cushion. Wonder what Dr Sanchez will say when he sees me with it- especially seeing as I've named it Tellula.

No comments: