Monday, January 10, 2005

Back to the grind stone

Alas- I survived the merriment of Christmas to return to yet another year of hope fulfilling new years resolutions that I will inevitably break.
I feel refreshed to have had time off but still have ended up with just as much work to do. My efforts of writing lots of essays were thowted by the inconveniently timed death of my beloved laptop. I was trying to type up my essay on Friday. I have been having problem's recently with the laptop's battery- in that is doesn't seem to work anymore. AC power still seemed to surfice until it just died on me. I thought that maybe taking the battery out and putting it back in again might help- don't know why, I'm not technologically minded, it just seemed like a good idea at the time. As I took the battery out I could hear something rattling about inside it. I though 'this is not a good sign'. I then tilted the laptop on its side and out of the place where you put the battery in, a little, tiny screw fell out and I thought to myself 'this is definitely not a good sign!'
I had to resist the urge to go and hunt down our screwdrivers to opened up my laptop and replace the screw but decided that my insurance probably wouldn't cover acts of stupidity. I now have to take my laptop somewhere to be repaired and be charged extortionate amounts of money which I do not have for the prevailed. Yay!

I've decided that I'm going to start running again. Something I've always said I'm going to do and am still telling myself that I'm going to do it and eventually I actually will do it! I am ridiculously unfit. It would be nice to turn up to a lecture without feeling like I've just run the London marathon because I'm running late and have to run up 6 flights of stairs! Alternatively I could just turn up on time but it really doesn't seem to make a difference how early I wake up, I inevitably still will end up running late. No- really must start running, I promised Deborah I would, and it would be kind of nice to look half decent at KT'S wedding. Hmmm, may go running later this afternoon....Well... Lets not go crazy. I do still need to go to tesco's! And get my laptop fixed, failing that- find a scrap metal merchant. Anyone know any?

No comments: