Saturday, January 15, 2005

Pigs really do fly

I went for a run on Thursday- hurrah! I think both my housemates were quite supprised but miracles do happen- I went running. I am still aching because I didn't warm up properly- should really learn how to do that. I'm sat in the college computer room trying to type up an essay on the colloquy of Marburg (just smile and knod) although I managed to bring all my notes with me except the ones I actually needed-whoops! Ah well, any whoo I like to think of it as a test of memory- see how much I can remember. Unfortunately I can only remember enough to write about 500 words so Mr essay is going have to wait until tomorrow to be finished. I'm going to go home and have a nice cup of tea.

On a spiritual note- yes I'm going to get all deep now! I've been reading through Judges at the moment- as you do- thought it would be interesting and I can't help thinking that on one level it's a metaphor of my life. Judges follows the Israelites and tells us how basically they completely ignore God, mess up pretty spectacularly and then Get to a point where they actually think- hold on a minute- whoopsie! God, please help us because we're completely useless and we need you desperately. Then God appoints a judge, and then all is well for about 40 years. I do that so often. Despite being a Christian for what- 7 years or so, I still keep on trying to do things in my own strength, failing miserably then crying out- 'Lord help me' and then everything is rosy. Then I go back to trying to deal with things in my own strength. I had one of those moments the other day when this situation came up and my first instinct was to run away. I prayed about it and as I was praying I had this song called he is Yahweh stuck in my head. There's this one line in it which goes- 'The great I AM, he is Yahweh'. I just got this really strong sense that God was trying to say to me 'The Great I AM, I am Yahweh. I am able and I will help you. That kind of blew me away. It still amazes me that no matter how many times I screw up, God still wants me, has plans for me and delights in me. All I can really say is wow. Maybe kow I noticed this pattern in me, I can go on and do something about it. God is amazing.

No comments: